Sunday, June 17, 2018

Austin to Dallas to Hot Springs, Arkansas

I think Mike is sitting by the window writing his own blog post for the day. Probably postingbon Facebook too. How much of my thoughts do I put here, how much do I save for my journal? Do I date read Mike’s blog now or wait until the end of the trip and revisit everything from his perspective?

Anyway... day 1!! It’s still hard to believe that this trip is actually really finally underway. It was a pretty great start to the trip. Dealey Plaza does not fail to inspire awe. It’s quite something to walk through such a well known part of American history. The museum was incredibly fascinating. We had a lovely lunch at a little local place s few blocks away then hit the road on to Arkansas.

And that is where we sit now. Hot Springs is a cute little place. The old bath houses are pretty to look at. Only one is still doperating as a bath house.we walked around a little tonight, will do some hiking and exploring tomorrow. The water from the Springs is on average 134 degrees, quite toasty coming out of the earth. I imagine the baths would feel quite lovely.

I was going to add a few pictures, but blogger doesn’t work great on the phone. Will have to add photos later.


No comments:

Post a Comment