Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This Week

Some highlights from the past week:


  • After a mix of wet snow and rain on Friday, temps skyrocketed and it's been in the 80s the last few days.  Sending the boys to school in shorts and spending hours outside in January feels great!
  • I made it outside for a run for the first time in nearly 2 months, maybe more, and my workout buddies didn't leave me in the dust, in fact I bested two of them on a couple of sprints.
  • One of my Spanish classes was only 3 minutes long today.  Oddly, it was probably the best class of the day, and yes, in 3 minutes they really did learn something.
  • My ESL student who was simply grunting at me 4 months ago because he didn't speak a word of English is now telling me jokes and reading books - in English.  
  • I finally made my cherry almond bread.  Amazing and worth the wait.
  • Got the best birthday list from Alex - he would like a chainsaw.  That's awesome little buddy, even though there is zero chance of you actually getting a chainsaw for your birthday.  
  • I get a beautiful view of the big dipper right between two bare tree branches every morning when I get the paper. And there is a planet, probably Venus, brightly shining just off to the west.
  • My half-birthday was Saturday.  Just less than six months now until a new decade.



No comments:

Post a Comment