Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hail, Pony Rides, Curling Fun, etc...

Here's what we've been up to this past week.


We had a whopper of a hail storm on Wed. The biggest hail was over 2" in diameter. It was crazy. I'm taking the car in tomorrow to get the damage assessed. I've heard from several people with seemingly less damage than our car sustained that their vehicles have been totaled. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that. Right now we're looking at a cracked windshield, cracked tail light, and umpteen million dents ALL OVER the car. We shall see, we shall see...


The crazy weather popped a little surprise rainstorm into our day Friday as well. We were supposed to head to a park for a book fair and dig in the sand to find dinosaur bones, all followed by a picnic lunch. All of which got rained out. We ended up splashing in puddles outside instead. It was messy and fun!


And the crazy weather lasted into Saturday - it was quite cool yesterday, only in the 30's in the morning. But the sun was shining and it warmed up enough to take the boys up to the Cedar Park Heritage festival. Ben & Alex enjoyed their first pony ride. No, I didn't have the camera. There was also a little petting zoo for the kids with goats, ponies, ducks, chickens, rabbits, and a few other farm animals that I can't think of. Alex watched some older kids chase the ducks and laughed hysterically at the antics. Ben made a dash for the goats and loved petting them. I think he was so interested because of the ones up the street that we feed so often. Anyway, the festival was fun and the boys enjoyed it.


Today was gorgeous and sadly it was my last day of curling for the season. I've got the Texas Open Bonspiel coming up in April (although that might actually get cancelled... more on that if it happens). The last 3 weeks were the league playoffs/championship. My team actually won! IT was a hard fought battle and some really tough games but last Sunday we played amazingly well and won the championship for the season. Today was the 2nd Lonestar Curling Club Weirdspiel. Just a fun little competition. Teams are chosen at random and we play a series of really short games. Well, my team won todays weirdspiel as well. So, coupled with my weirdspiel win in Dec. that makes me 3-0 for the season!!! I love curling :-) Enough about the games though, the club had a big picnic at Zilker after curling today. Mike brought the boys down, they ate, we all played and just about the time the food was cooked and ready to eat we had to bail because the boys were tired. That's a huge disappointment because Uly was the grill man today and he can really cook. The real kicker is that Mike and I didn't get lunch at all, the timing was just off. Oh well, at least we had a good dinner.


Not sure what fun things we will do this week, but we never fail to find ways to keep busy during the day. I know that my evenings will be filled with taxes for at least a couple of days! Cross your fingers, maybe we'll get a big refund!

No comments:

Post a Comment