Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This, That, and the Other!

Here again I am writing another totally random update. Really I'm hiding at the moment (everyone is quiet so I'm sneaking away), shame on me :-) A belated happy St. Patrick's day to everyone. In true "mom" fashion I was heavy handed in my use of green food coloring yesterday. Alex LOVED his green milk. He drinks plenty of milk as is, but it was just super special yesterday, so he had it every chance he got. Also in the spirit of St. Patrick's day Alex helped me make some Irish Soda Bread. He calls it special St. Patrick's Day bread. Sadly though, that is about the extent of our celebration. We did make it to the park to play for awhile and visited the goats up the street.

Ben is officially 15 months now too. He threw a major fit at his checkup today, the likes of which I have not seen since his colicky days. That boy did NOT want to be touched by Dr. Mary. The good news is that he is perfectly healthy and growing like crazy. His vocabulary and understanding continue to grow by leaps and bounds every day. He saw a picture of a train today and proudly said "choo choo".

Tomorrow I have the daunting task of teaching a group of roughly 20 toddlers how to make pinch pots with real clay. No play-doh for this group. Not really sure what I was thinking when I opted to do this, oh well.

Curling is almost done for the season. We have one final real game and then a funspiel. And yes, my team is playing for the league championship this weekend!!! Honestly, I don't think we have a chance at winning (the skip of the opposing team played for team USA in the deaf olympics a couple of years ago) but it will be fun and the worst we can do is come in 2nd, so not bad for the season. Oh, and one more fun little curling thing, I get to play in the Texas Open Bonspiel in Houston in April. Yay, I can't wait for that!!! Mike and the boys will be flying solo that weekend so Aunt Stephanie & Uncle Michael, if you're reading this and you want to help...

So that's that. Dinner that I had planned to have ready for everyone to eat at a reasonable hour of course got derailed slightly. It's in the oven, but the boys will undoubtedly get hungry before it's done, so I think we're in for another round of veggie quesadillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment