Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just some updates

I can't guarantee the quality of anything written here tonight. You see, I'm just too darned tired to spend time proof reading tonight! I just finished taxes, probably the latest that I have ever gotten them done, but at least it's before the deadline.

Anyway, it's update time. Hail damage: The car is NOT totaled, yay! There is about $4000 damage to it, and we took it to the shop today to have it repaired. We'll get it back in 2 weeks. I think we got the grungiest rental out there. The car is so disgustingly dirty on the inside that I really don't want to touch anything I don't have too. Plus, it's got scratches ALL over the outside. And yes, the rental company does have all of this on record so we won't be held responsible for it. As for the house, we had the roof checked out today. Sadly, it apparently needs to be replaced again. The roofer said the insurance company would consider the roof to be a total loss. It's not leaking, it's not going to just start falling apart but apparently it's not in great shape either. We can probably wait for quite awhile before we have it replaced. Too bad it's a brand new roof that got wrecked! Oh well, if we do file a claim, maybe we'll be able to get the shed roof redone and a new canopy for our backyard furniture as well.

Curling - Houston is on! Apparently they got a few last minute entries so I am set to go.

The boys are good, nothing new to report there. We're going strawberry picking tomorrow. It is supposed to be some of the best picking that the farm has ever had. Mike is taking the day off and will join in the fun! I'll try to remember to get some pictures.

And lastly, speaking of pictures, while I haven't actually added pictures to specific posts I have added the nifty little slideshow. So, enjoy my babies :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment