Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Signs of Fall

Yay for October!  In my book October is the best month of the year, for many many reasons which I need not go into.  Except, I will point out that it's a milestone month for Mike and me, we met in October, fell in love in October, and somehow or other through all of life we are still together this year, in October, and plan to be next October and every October after as long as we both shall live. So, it's a happy time :-)

October means fall.  We get our share of cool-ish weather.  It's all relative.  Instead of highs in the mid-90s, we get highs in the upper 80s - low 90s.  That 5 degrees makes all the difference.  More importantly, we get some slightly cooler mornings, which is just lovely.  I smiled to myself yesterday morning as I saw all of the neighborhood walking their kids to school, not just the dedicated few that do it everyday.  That's how you know fall has arrived here.  No leaves to change colors, no "crisp, cool, autumn days", just a few degrees cooler in the morning making it enjoyable enough to walk the half mile to school.

Then there is the pumpkin-everything craze that seems to grow crazier and crazier every year.  That's fine by me, I like pumpkin-everything.  I usually don't have pumpkin anything though until Thanksgiving.  But, we stopped to get ice cream after a bike ride over the weekend and they had pumpkin cheesecake ice cream.  It was pretty darn awesome.  Now I do want more pumpkin-anything.

The kids are planning their halloween costumes.  Looks like it's going to be another easy year on mom. Ben keeps changing his mind, he has been counting down the days and says he doesn't have to decide until the day of Halloween.  I reminded him that I needed at least a two week heads up so I can make his costume.  Ohhhhh....  didn't think about that!  I think he's all set now.  Going to keep quiet on what they plan until the day of though!

The bookshelf project is coming along.  The cabinets are very nearly done, close enough for now, just a small bit of paint on one side, and repaint the door that needed some corner repair work.  It's time to start constructing the top shelves.  Pretty sure we have that all worked out.  Mike helped me get the very large board cut this weekend, now it's up to me to actually assemble some shelves.  So very many things to do before this project will be done.

So, happy fall. Enjoy some cool-ish weather and lots of pumpkin everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment