Sunday, October 18, 2015

Birthday Fun!

Image result for 40

I started this post way back in July to celebrate my milestone birthday.  Never got around to finishing it, we were headed out for vacation just after my birthday.  I'm not even sure where I was going with what I had written, so I scrapped it all and here we are.  I'm revisiting it because we just celebrated Mike's birthday and birthdays seem like a happy thing to post about.  Soooooo....

Turning 40 was grand.  Apparently my friends think it's a huge milestone to be celebrated.  Lots of people helped me celebrate in many ways.  The best part though, was getting to spend the day with my little family.  They were so sweet and spoiled me rotten.  I made myself one of those awesome milkbar cakes with a gazillion layers - it was a mint chocolate chip cake.  Best birthday present - Alex recorded a CD for me of him playing the piano.  It is so sweet.

On to Mike's birthday. I tried to convince him to take the day off work to spend at home with us. It just so happened that the boys were off school on his birthday.   His computer crapped out Sunday night, I figured that was a good excuse! But, he had to go into the office to get his computer fixed if nothing else.  That's ok, it gave me time to make him a gazillion layer milk bar cake (german chocolate). The birthday gods decided he shouldn't work too hard though, the power went out at the office so he got to come home early in the afternoon and spend half the day with us.

Lots of presents and cakes later, I think it's safe to say we both had great days. Ben's big day is next and he's already making plans.  To finish things off, here are pictures of the cakes.  These are directly from the milkbar website because I'm too lazy to load my own pics at the moment.  But, my cakes did look just like these, and tasted amazing!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment