Sunday, October 18, 2015

Router Fun

There have been so many distractions/delays in my bookshelf project.  One little hangup has been the router.  At some point in the planning I decided that cutting grooves in some parts of this project would be necessary.  So I bought a router.  But it has been sitting in the garage untouched for quite some time.  I didn't actually know how to use a router, Mike had never used one either. So, long story short, last night we got some bits and today I found my courage and went to it.  Some youtube videos and piecing together of crummy instructions later I fired up the router and cut the first groove (in a test piece of wood).  It was terrible!  But, it only took another try to figure it out and in no time I was cutting very pretty grooves that won't be seen.  Anyway, the router is lots of fun and now I know what I'm doing with it.

I actually made some good progress on the shelves this weekend, and maybe, just maybe they'll get done before forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment