Thursday, March 5, 2015

Stories

A friend posted an interesting little note on her blog about stories.  Specifically, as a child, when does your story become your own and similarly as a parent when does your child's story stop being your story?

It's an interesting thing for me to think about as the kids get older and as I am reminded of the purpose of this blog.  At the moment, that purpose is to keep in touch with those far away that we can't talk to or see easily.  Do those people want to hear my story, my children's story, my husband's story?  Does it become monotonous to hear constant bits of "Oh, child/ren did this and isn't it funny/adorable/scary/ridiculous/amazing?!"

So I wonder.... does it really matter what I post?  More pictures and stories of the kids?  More stories of my life? More just plain stories?  I don't know.  I think that as this progresses, to keep me interested and posting this will become more of a journal.  Things that I might want to remember or pass onto the kids one day are inevitably the things that will find a home here.

As the reader, take from it what you will and remember just because I post it doesn't mean you have to read it :-)

1 comment:

  1. You can write about anything at all and we will love it. Helps us stay in touch! Be careful of those TX icicles. In the words of Ralphie's Mom (Christmas Story) "Those icicles have been known to kill people!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete