Friday, March 27, 2015

March 27, 2015

I survived the post-Spring Break week.  Monday was admittedly lonely, but as I had to work the front desk at school all afternoon it wasn't too bad. I ended up having to do a few extra projects at school so I was up there a bit more than usual. The weather has been gorgeous, we've spent long afternoons at the park.  The boys were both able to have some playdates with friends. Mike traveled for a couple of days, not too long though.  I spent time at the gym, even doing yoga today.  Probably the highlight of the week though, is this beautiful picture...


We weren't expecting the glasses to come in for another week or so, but they came on Wednesday. It's so very cool for me to see him so happy over something that can make many feel awkward or uncomfortable.  Nothing negative about these specs at all.  A smooth, easy adjustment, even his friends think he looks cool.

I am still picking away at the guitar, I am working on the finger picking method (I just don't like playing with a pick). I picked up a book to help with that and a book on classical style playing as that is what I would like to do eventually.  So very much to learn, but it's fun and my fingers are now sufficiently calloused so the strings don't hurt anymore.

As for the weekend ahead, looks like we'll be raking leaves - the oaks drop twice a year here (spring and fall). Probably we'll squeeze in a bike ride or two, maybe a hike, maybe a hunt for some bluebonnets.  We are dog sitting as well.  Never a dull moment (well, never a quiet moment anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment