Monday, August 16, 2010

Big Ben


And you thought this post was going to be about my Big Ben :-)

Actually, it is about my Ben, but I couldn't resist the picture. Plus it makes me yearn for a trip to London, such fond memories.

It seemed to be a weekend of firsts for Ben. All of it just makes me realize that he's not a baby anymore. I wonder when, or rather if, I will ever stop noticing all of the "first" things the boys do. Anyway, to make a long story longer...

At the farmer's market Saturday, the apple guy gave the boys some apples to munch on. It occured to me that was the first time that Ben ate an apple straight off the core, without mommy cutting it up. He was so happy!

More importantly, Ben is out of the crib and into the bottom bunk. We decided it was time to reclaim our room and he is definitely more than ready for a real bed.

Finally, NO MORE PACIFIERS! The one and only condition for sleeping in the "big boy" bed was he had to ditch the pacifiers. Like Alex we had a little withdraw for a couple of days but he is fine without them. I am happy to be rid of the plugs.

I should note that today is Oct. 7. I started this post nearly two months ago (Aug. 16 to be exact.) For an update, the sleeping arrangement is a big success. The only drawback is that Ben is now up early, sometimes earlier than Alex. But they have gotten into a routine and things seem to be working out just fine. It is staying darker a little longer in the mornings so they tend to sleep just a few minutes later. It's also been nice and cool at night, again perfect sleeping weather. We've got our new bedtime routine worked out and Mike and I really enjoy having our room back to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment