Sunday, August 30, 2009

Random Things

Well, it seems to me that I had about a million little tidbits to write, of course that was on Friday, and mommy brain has kicked in and now I can't remember anything of interest. So, here goes with today's pointless musings:

This is officially the hottest summer on record for Austin. We have had 67 days of temps 100 or higher this year. Two more days and we tie the 1925 record of the hottest year ever, three days and we break that record. It probably won't happen this week though. A cold front blew through the other day and dropped temps to the mid - upper 90s, yeah 99 is a break in the heat! Actually, for the first time in months yesterday morning it was cooler outside than inside, we actually opened the windows for a few moments. It was 74 degrees outside ;-)

I have just finished reading my 30th book of the year. I don't think there is enough time to get 20 more read by the end of the year, it was a noble goal but probably unreachable.

School started in the area this past week. While it doesn't directly have anything to do with us, it is nice being out and about at some of our favorite spots and not having to battle 500 kids, almost all of whom are bigger than A & B!

It rained this week. Notable only because that just doesn't seem to happen much here these days. In fact we got a good soaking on Thursday night, enough so that the sand volleyball pit at the park was still wet. Alex was thrilled to be able to build sand castles Friday morning.

I bought a stevia plant at the farmer's market yesterday. It's an herb that is naturally very very sweet. I have some wonderful tea with stevia in it. Now I can't wait to harvest my own leaves. Generally it is used dried or as a syrup that has boiled and set to steep for 24 hours prior to use. I actually ate one of the leaves right off the plant and it is so good, really interesting little plant!

Alright, I think I have sufficiently killed enough time to ensure that everyone is down for their nap and I can now take mine!

Oh - only 2 more weeks until curling, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment