Monday, November 17, 2008

This & That

Time for another random update. It's quite fun to have 2 kiddos running around now. I am forever amused by the things Ben is doing now that Alex used to do. Things like pull all the movies and music off the shelf, play with my cookbooks, jump 10 feet in the air when I catch him doing something he shouldn't (Alex still does that, although now he has a tendency just to launch straight into a screaming fit). They are both food hogs, they eat just about anything. Ben is starting to copy Alex as well, always amusing for us, not so for Alex.

Then there are the differences. Alex has always loved to sit on my lap (or daddy's) and read a book. Ben thinks it is great for about 2 seconds. He would much rather be on the floor playing. I do think he likes hearing us read to Alex as he usually hangs around for a story. Alex was always a snuggler, still is. Ben is so much more independent, he has been since he was born. Ben seems much more vocal in his opinions than Alex was. Until he could talk, Alex would pretty much go with the flow.

Anyway, it's just fun watching them each grow and develop independently.

On a totally different note, I got to thinking about the things that make me feel like a mom. Sounds silly, you would think that the moment Alex was born I would feel defined by that label. Not so. What makes me feel like a mom - making clothes for the kids, staying up all night when they don't feel good, putting silly holiday place mats on the table. I guess it's the special things that I think of my mom doing when I was little (thanks mom!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment