Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Santa Claus

Who knew I'd post something Christmas related BEFORE Thanksgiving??!! Alex, for the first time in his short little life, knows who Santa Claus is. He was looking at the back of one of his books and in a tiny little picture of another book cover was a picture of Santa Claus. He wanted to know who that man was so I told him. That led to a discussion of the real Santa Claus, followed by a trip to the mall to meet Santa. While Alex wasn't actually brave enough to sit on Santa's lap, shake his hand, or get too close he did tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. Santa gave Alex a bell and then Alex tried to take one of the fake presents in the display. It was all very cute and Alex loves his bell.

It's also really nice to have the whole "Santa's watching you" bit in my back pocket. Needless to say it whips Alex into shape pretty darn quickly!

In a totally different direction, I was noticing the contents of my pockets when I went to bed last night. It seems to be a growing trend lately that they contain much more than the usual set of keys and pocket change. Last night I found a matchbox car, a wooden bead, and a napkin from the birthday party we went to that afternoon (and my thanksgiving grocery list). Who knew I'd be carrying around toys all day long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment