Wednesday, June 10, 2015

New Orleans

There are so many things to think about New Orleans, so many things to tell.  I am so happy that we had an opportunity to sneak away for a few days.  The boys had their own super fun vacation (that's another post of it's own).  It was a good weekend for everyone.

In typical Christina fashion, I waited until the very last minute to do anything to prep for the trip.  The boys last day of school was Wednesday and we took off for our respective vacations Thursday afternoon.  I spent Thursday cleaning and packing and getting the dogs sorted out.  I had to get some paperwork in order to make sure Steph & Michael could do whatever they needed with the boys in case some emergency came up.  It was good in that it took my mind off of the little inevitable trip jitters - in this case because I was leaving my kiddos behind.  It also made me very tired and I ended up sleeping for most of the hour flight from here to New Orleans.

Anyway, Mike met me at the airport with a dozen roses and a big huge smile and we were off.  Quick cab ride to the hotel, we passed the Super Dome and got a first glimpse of the very cool cemetaries down there (more on that one later).

Mike made us a reservation at Peche for dinner. It was the first of our many fabulous meals there.  It was late by the time dinner was done so we decided to call it an evening.

For the 2 1/2 days we were in New Orleans we walked over 25 miles, ate amazing food, saw some very cool museums, visited cemetaries, got a little tour of the city via a horse & buggy ride, rode the 100 year old street cars, did the touristy thing on Bourbon Street, had hurricanes at the legendary Pat O'Briens, and never ever got used to the stench that permeates ALL of New Orleans!


No comments:

Post a Comment