Sunday, April 12, 2015

More Bluebonnets...

Took a drive out to Mule Shoe Bend State Park in Spicewood, TX yesterday.  The park is about an hour away, on Lake Travis.  We are right at the height of bluebonnet season.  Some of the flowers are already starting to go to seed.  There were reports of huge fields of bluebonnets out at this park.

My plan had been to take a little drive out there last week while the kids were at school and Mike was at work.  I figured I had more interest in the flowers than they did and I had already insisted on flower pictures with the boys last week.  Well, I never made it and Mike thought it would be fun to go too, so that became our plan for the weekend.

We left early - much to the dismay of the boys (oops, we didn't have breakfast, well we would get something on the way... oops, too much fussing and fighting and nonsense, so we'll just go and come back quickly and will just have a late breakfast...)  Anyway, it was really foggy yesterday morning, but I figured at the park the fog would hang out over the water and not the flowers and I really didn't care anyway.  I did want to go and be done early because the forecast called for heavy rains most of the day.   Long story even longer, it was even more beautiful than I imagined.  Bluebonnets as far as you could see.  Prettiest bluebonnets I have ever seen.  As I hoped there was no fog at the park.  We ended up staying for quite awhile, that late breakfast ended up being a quite on-time lunch several hours later.  The forecast was wrong, we got a few light showers, but no heavy rains.

Here are a couple of pictures. I'll load them all up to a site and link to it eventually.  But for now... enjoy these...






No comments:

Post a Comment