Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Fond Farewell

Today marked the end of baby days. It shouldn't be hard to say "good-bye" to stuff, but it is. We carted off some of our no-longer needed baby items (infant car seat, 1 of 4 strollers, extra playpen, baby bottles, burp cloths, etc.) I found a worthwhile organization that helps homeless children and they readily accepted the stuff. I'm glad that everything went to a good new home. But I didn't expect to tear up over a pile of things that we no longer need. I guess it just reaffirms that there will be no more newborns in this house and that Alex is a little boy and Ben has officially become a toddler. I just need to remember that it is just stuff, the memories are in my head and in the pictures, not the baby things.

I actually started this post yesterday, got interrupted and am just now getting a chance to finish it. That empty space in the family room where the swing was actually doesn't seem quite so empty now, and, I don't have to worry about Ben and Alex bonking themselvs in the head on it anymore. As for the other stuff that's gone, yeah I kind of like that extra space too!! Of course, realistically that space is going to be filled by new kid stuff soon. Holidays and birthdays are just around the corner.

So yesterday it was hard, today I am very glad I found a good home for those things and I'm not so sad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment