Monday, May 25, 2015

A few more things...

Seems to be blog catch up day.  I've been so very busy at school that I just haven't found the time or energy to devote to this.  Here are a few random bits of what's been going on here lately...

The flooring was done a few weeks ago.  It is beautiful.  We repainted the room as well and absolutely love the results.  I would love to be able to rip out all of the carpet upstairs too.  Soon, hopefully.   Anyway, as promised weeks ago, here is a picture:



The kids art show was last weekend.  The district runs one art show for all of the schools. It was pretty cool to see all of the artwork, particularly in the older grades.  There was soooo much though, that it did get a little overwhelming.



The tooth fairy has been visiting a bit lately.  Ben has this mouth full of loose teeth, but he doesn't ever wiggle them, not even the tiniest amount so these teeth get so very loose and then they are sticking out at funny angles because the new teeth are already well on the way in (you can see a funny gap in the picture above, that's not a space where a tooth is missing, the front one is just so loose it's almost on top of the one next to it.)  I think he's afraid that wiggling the teeth is going to hurt. I have never seen a kid so reluctant to mess with loose teeth!

I finished the wine MOOC I was working on.  It was interesting, learned all about the process for making wine, learned how to do a proper tasting, etc.  I am now in the middle of a MOOC on superheros.  I have to create my own hero and villain and produce a fight scene for the final project.  It's more fun and way more fascinating than I had anticipated.

Just two short weeks of school left - 4 days this week, 4 1/2 next week.  We'll make it.  I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment