Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday Again

There must be something about Thursdays in November. Last Thursday had me thinking that shipping the munchkins off to somewhere for awhile would be a good idea. Today really wasn't much different. Alex was in this "I must torment Ben" mood all day long. It was utterly ridiculous. No matter what toy Ben played with Alex would take it, even if they were in completely different parts of the house. Ben would be sitting quietly on the floor and the next minute screaming his head off because Alex came over and tackled him for no reason. Then Alex would sit there and poke and kick and tickle and "kiss" and everything else, simply NOT leaving Ben alone. When he wasn't bothering Ben he was screaming at the top of his lungs, mad because I told him to stop bothering Ben. We played outside for awhile on the new playscape (yeah I know, I need to post pictures), again constant bickering and fighting. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we haven't done pretend school this week, both of the boys classmates have been sick, tomorrow is cancelled as well. I don't know.

Instead of griping I should be posting all the bright spots of the day/past week. So, here I am giving that idea the ol' college try. The house is finally getting painted. It was worth the wait, the guys have been here 7 days so far, and they should be able to finish up tomorrow. I have never seen a more thorough job. After the painting, we'll be getting the roof replaced - thanks to that hail storm way back in March. The playscape is a bright spot, it's nice to have a place for the boys to play outside, and they seem to love it, particularly the picnic table underneath it. The weather is another bright spot, it's been gorgeous the past couple of weeks (aside from a rainy sunday). And of course, that I get to stay home and play with the munchkins all day long, even when I feel like I have completely lost every ounce of sanity I may have once had, is definitely the brightest spot of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment