Thursday, February 19, 2009

Goats, Birthdays and catching up

It seems this little whim of mine has garnered quite the familial following. Thanks family for reading (and the pressure to post more frequently...)

As usual I have let many days lapse since the last post. It's not a lack of "things" to post, just a lack of time. You see, this is the first evening this week I have spent away from the sewing machine (I made a lovely little baby carrier for a friend). Furthermore, I should be doing actual work right now. I'm REALLY behind in updating the curling website. Since I'm not working though, I'll fill you in on the "things". I had planned on several entries but I'll condense and do one for now.

The birth of a goat. Did I get your attention with that one? It was very cool, very random, and totally amazing. Just luck that we got to see it. I think I've mentioned the storage lot with the goats that's just up the street. Anyhow, one of our evening walks stopped us by the fence to feed the goats. All but one went away, and to make a long story short, a few minutes later there was a brand spankin' new goat.

Alex's 3rd Birthday. We had such a fun day. I made dinosaur shaped muffins for breakfast, we rode the train at Zilker, had lunch at Hula Hut, opened lots of presents and even managed to squeeze in a little cake right before bed. He's such a sweetie and so proud to be 3. Our good friends Monica & Gabriel spent the day with us along with Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Michael.

I was going to post some musings about birthday cakes and how I never can seem to get them done at a reasonable time, and a few other things, but oh well.

My sunflowers are about ready to go into the ground, if it's nice, we'll do it this weekend. Otherwise it will wait just a little longer. I've decided to try and sprout some carrots too, fun, fun, fun!!

Oh yeah, Ben can say "bye" now. He's such a ham, and a darn cute one too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment